2649 Mission San Carlos Borromeo
This, the second mission of California was founded June 3, 1770 on the shores of Monterey Bay. Father Serra moved the mission to its present site near Carmel Bay on August 24, 1771. The present stone church was completed in 1793. Mission San Carlos Borromeo became Fr. Serra's headquarters. He presided over the other missions from Carmel and was buried near the chapel altar after he died in 1784.
Canon EOS 40D, f/11 @ 25 mm, 1/250, ISO 200, No Flash
© Photos by Ron Cleveland